Sunday, November 7, 2010

Movie Pick of the Week

I must admit I never thought Will Smith's offspring would ever bring me to tears in a film, but he did this afternoon. Connor and I watched The Karate Kid and I was touched by the story of a dedicated, single mom trying to make ends meat who gets transferred to China for work ~ and the trials and tribulations of her son fitting in this new society. Watching the flick with my son (who is 6) was not only inspiring, but we both learned a value lesson about discipline and focus. My fave quote in the film: "Kung Fu is not about fighting; it's about making peace with your enemies." -- Jackie Chan       Enjoy! ...KLB  

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the movie pick suggestion! I'll have to watch that one sometime soon :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem! Let me know if you come across any other good ones for boys under six. Take care and keep visiting...

    ReplyDelete