Friday, November 5, 2010

I'm a working mom just like YOU!

This is the first time I've ever posted on my blog, or any blog for that matter. Yes, I admit I'm not the most tech-savvy person on the planet, but I have written and published many articles during my 10+ years in the magazine business so I thought this would be a good place to air my new found thoughts on life. I want to create a place where working moms can share stories, offer advice, provide motivation, and have a laugh or two. After all, I know many working moms who are trying to balance work and family ~ and they all have their own stories. My blog can be a place for us women to "chat."


Who am I? I'm a mom of two young boys (Connor 6, Brock 18 months), a professional in the marketing-communications field, an editor, writer, and now blogger. I've always enjoyed helping others, in particular, motivating women to reach their health and fitness goals ~ and for those who know me, I'm someone who's always looking for more out of life. I'm a Libra (go figure), a "to-do" list person, and now that I've reached my late thirties I'm starting to think about what I want to do when I grow up.


So I've started this blog to basically see what happens. I hope to meet other working moms who can relate to the guilt of leaving work early to make your son's hockey game... or the guilt of leaving your son at the before-school-program way too early in the morning so you can make a breakfast meeting at the office. Perhaps we can help each other get through some tough decisions, or at the very least, make it through another hockey season. Who knows where this will lead. All I do know is that work is a part of life, and my kids are my life, so let's figure it out together. Until next time, cheers to all you SUPERMOMS! Let me know how your life is going... KLB

No comments:

Post a Comment