Monday, December 13, 2010

Exercise balances you inside and out

Exercise is essential to a good life.
You'd think that because I've worked in the health and fitness industry for over 10 years now that I'd be full-on into my workout routine 24-7. Well, think again. I find it tough to fit in too! After changing career paths, changing houses, two kids, and a killer commute to the city everyday, I'll admit my training regimen hasn't been up to snuff lately. So my husband and I have recently agreed to jump right in ~ there's no time like the present, right? We're not waiting for our New Year's resolutions to start. Why wait? Here are some tips to help you get in the swing of things too, good luck!
1. Stop procrastinating! Working out and eating healthy are essentials to a good life. If anything else, do it for your kids or they'll always have more energy than you.
2. Find a workout partner. If you're flying solo, no problem! Take up a Yoga or Pilates class with a friend or go for a fast walk three times a week with a neighbour.
3. Set a specific time to work out and stick to it. After the kids are in bed, after the lunches are made, after homework is done, after you've checked your email. Instead of watching the finals of your favourite reality show, DVR it and watch another time. Believe me, you'll probably lose interest anyways which means more time to exercise. Hey, there really are no excuses so get moving! ~ KLB

No comments:

Post a Comment