Saturday, April 9, 2011

Yes Life Is Stressful, So Manage It!

Take control of your life

People ask me all the time why I bother writing this blog, and I simply say because  I love writing, I love helping and I love inspiring people. Plus, more than anything, I use it as a place where I can reflect on the things that are going on in my life. Hell, why not? I'm not even sure how many people care but all I know is that as I go through life it's nice to have a place where I can jot down my thoughts and inspirations.
On that note, the last few weeks have been quite stressful at work and as a result, there's been a lot of crazy late nights, really early mornings to the office, and to top it all off, I also found a popped blood vessel in my eye which I heard is stress-related - yuck! Need a vacation.
Yes, with everything that's going on in the world there's no wonder stress is the number one reason people are not coping in today's society. From natural disasters to bullying, employment rates to family issues -- there's no escaping S-T-R-E-S-S!! But the good news is that even though it may not seem like there’s anything we can do about it -- there is! Nope, the bills aren’t going to stop coming, there will never be more hours in the day, the media will never stop reporting on worldwide disasters, and our demanding responsibilities at work and home will always be the norm... BUT in actual fact you do have A LOT MORE CONTROL than you might think.
Managing stress is all about TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR LIFE! Your personal and professional stress triggers are not going away so you have to take charge of them and not let them take charge of you. The first step is to make some positive changes in your life that will help manage life better. Whether it's stress from your job or family, or your lack of social life and personal time... the best advice is to take baby steps to change your behaviour, schedule, environment and/or expectations. Remember, your ULTIMATE GOAL is a balanced life with time for work, relationships, relaxation and most of all FUN!!! PEACE ALL ~ KLB

No comments:

Post a Comment